Carpet and Textiles Care | Nadoka Luxury Cleaning | Hudson Valley NY
Good, Sound Care InformationYour carpet and interior textiles play a foundational role in your decor, and we want to help you maximize their life and keep them looking their best. We are all about professional cleaning for your carpets, upholstered furniture, sheers, curtains, and other fine surfaces, but just as importantly, we want to make sure our clients are armed with good, sound care information — which is why we are so pleased to offer a wealth of information here on our website, especially this Carpet and Interior Textiles Care Guide. Feel free to pass it around liberally.
Care Tips for CarpetWhen it comes to maintaining your carpet, one of the most critical areas of focus is the traffic areas. If ground in soil is not removed on a regular basis, the traffic areas will begin to wear excessively. Dirt is extremely abrasive against the fibers of the carpet as you walk back and forth. The second area of focus, of course, is spot removal. You must react to “danger” spots immediately. Red wine, red beverages, urine, blood, etc. can cause a permanent stain if not treated right away. Listed below are the steps that you must take to properly maintain your carpeting.
How to Care for Your Fine UpholsteryBy far, professional upholstery cleaning and protection is the best possible way to extend the life of your upholstered furniture. General Information:
- Vacuum often to reduce grit that can cause abrasion.
- Reverse loose cushions weekly for even wear.
- Protect from the sun. UV light can cause deterioration.
- Keep pets off the furniture. Your pets’ body oils rub off and can be difficult to remove.
- Use caution with clothing such as blue jeans. Fabric dyes can transfer to upholstered furniture.
- Blot (don’t rub) spills immediately with a clean absorbent cloth while the spill is still fresh. Dried spills are more difficult to remove.
- Identify the cleaning code (see chart below) for your type of fabric. This is very important to determine the cleaner to use.
- Always read and follow the instructions on the cleaning agent.
- Use distilled water with the cleaning agent if water is called for. (W and WS codes only.)
- Pretest any cleaner on any fabric in a hidden area. check for color fastness and fabric compatibility.
- Keep a small spill small. Work lightly, blotting from center to the edges. “Feather” the edges by dampening edges irregularly and blotting quickly to avoid rings.
- Quickly dry a cleaned spot using a small fan or blow dryer set on low.
|W||Spot clean with water based shampoo or foam upholstery cleaner. Pretest for color loss and fabric compatibility. DO NOT overwet. Call us for professional cleaning for overall soiling.|
|S||Spot clean with a water-free cleaning solvent. Pretest for color loss and fabric compatibility. DO NOT USE WATER! Call us for professional cleaning for overall soiling.|
|WS||Spot clean with upholstery shampoo, foam from a mild detergent, or a mild dry cleaning solvent. Pretest for color loss and fabric compatibility. DO NOT overwet. Call us for professional cleaning for overall soiling.|
|X||Clean only by vacuuming or light brushing with a non-metallic brush. DO NOT use water or dry cleaning solvents. Call us for professional cleaning.|